Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Warcraft Geek Diary: Countdown to Cataclysm

Less than 10 hours from now, Blizzard's new World of Warcraft: Cataclysm will go live and gamers across the world will rush to get online.

I'm one of those people. I'm getting ready for midnight. I'm doing my checklist and I'm prepping so I can hit the ground running once the servers are live.

It won't matter if it's the middle of the night, or if they waited in line for 3 hours to get the game in the cold, or if they can't log in for 20 minutes because of the crush of traffic.

They won't care if they have to wait to do quests or stand around with 50 other people trying to kill the same stupid mob to actually finish a quest.

Because it's not about actually being productive on the first day of an expansion. Not if you're actually on and live and in the middle of the game you've spent (literally) almost 2 years waiting for. There's something about just saying you were on. That you were there.

I've already done 25 quests on my main but haven't turned them in so I can wait till the xpac is live and get XP for them.

I've got materials in place to immediately level my tailoring and cooking once the cap is lifted and I can level from 450 to 525.

I've got my energy drinks and my snacks.

I've got tomorrow off.

::grin::

I'm gonna melt some serious face.

No comments:

Post a Comment