Thursday, August 26, 2010

Skull Made From Hundreds of Brain Slices

VIA:Neatorama

When Noah Scanlin of Skull-A-Day visited the Mütter Museum in Philadelphia, he was given the freedom to play around with some brain slices encased in acrylic that the museum had just acquired.

So what did he do? You guessed it:

However, to my delight they had just acquired a collection of hundreds of beautiful real brain slices encased in acrylic (which had been dubbed "Zombie MRE’s")! Since they’re very sturdy I was allowed to used them as my material and I was set up in a lovely room that holds the card catalog for their library. Over the course of two days I arranged the slices on two large old library tables and climbed a ladder over and over making sure the image looked right from a single vantage point (where I would eventually take my picture). All told I used 375 slices and a bit of fabric for the eye/nose holes…

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment